Thursday, 29 January 2015

Entertaining angels?

Hi again,

A few mornings ago I peeked out of the curtains and noticed that there was a very hard frost on the scene in front of me. Everything was tinged with white ice crystals glistening in the morning sun.
Anybody  that knows me knows that I hate the cold weather and I wonder why humans don't hibernate. Realising that I had to take the dog for his morning walk I dreaded the thought of going out into the cold.

When I ventured to the local common I started to notice the frost on the gorse bushes, the crunching of my feet on the frozen grass, and the birds singing above my head, and it made me realise that although I had a negative first impression, I actually saw the scene in a different light and appreciated the beauty of it.
I pondered the thought that first impressions can sometimes be wrong and if we look at things at another angle we can sometimes get a different opinion.



My thoughts then wandered to people that we meet.
How often do we gain an immediate negative opinion of someone on our first impression? Perhaps the way they dress, their manner, their looks?

The Christian Bible mentions that when we meet people we could be entertaining angels without knowing it. I am sure that angels don't only appear in suits and therefore our snap judgements can be wrong.

If we were to look under the surface of the people we meet we would probably find someone with the same thoughts, feelings and passions as ourselves.
Should that make us think twice next time?


(You can email me on inkyblagger@gmail..com - with an 'a')

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of entertaining angels and not realising it...and totally agree with you..never judge a book by its cover! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel, I once did a whole Proclaim service at the Salvation Army on the subject of angels, it's more common than you would think.

    What about clicking the button at the top to follow my future posts?

    ReplyDelete